Ghazi, a grade I winner and the sire of 19 stakes winners, was euthanized Nov. 3 because of cancer.
Grade I winner Ghazi, the leading sire in Minnesota this year by progeny earnings, has been bought by Eugene and Rita Boehlke for stallion duty at their Boehlke Farm near Waverly, Minn.
Grade I winner Ghazi, sire of 10 stakes winners, will be relocated to Buck and Karen Wheeler's Oak Tree Farms near Ellendale, Minn.
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Movie Premieres March 19
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Charles Town to Make Donation to CANTER
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana