Ghazi, a grade I winner and the sire of 19 stakes winners, was euthanized Nov. 3 because of cancer.
Grade I winner Ghazi, the leading sire in Minnesota this year by progeny earnings, has been bought by Eugene and Rita Boehlke for stallion duty at their Boehlke Farm near Waverly, Minn.
Grade I winner Ghazi, sire of 10 stakes winners, will be relocated to Buck and Karen Wheeler's Oak Tree Farms near Ellendale, Minn.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother