Ghazi, a grade I winner and the sire of 19 stakes winners, was euthanized Nov. 3 because of cancer.
Grade I winner Ghazi, the leading sire in Minnesota this year by progeny earnings, has been bought by Eugene and Rita Boehlke for stallion duty at their Boehlke Farm near Waverly, Minn.
Grade I winner Ghazi, sire of 10 stakes winners, will be relocated to Buck and Karen Wheeler's Oak Tree Farms near Ellendale, Minn.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Catching Up with Hansel
- Surgically Treating 'Kissing Spines' in the Standing Horse
- Aurelia's Belle Helps Owner Realize Dream
- California Chrome Boasts Strong Foundation
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works
- Tapit Colt Leads Robust OBS Second Session
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/21/2014
- Afternoon With the Regal Rosalind
- Claiborne Farm to Sponsor Breeders' Futurity