With a narrow victory in her maiden special weight debut June 25 at Belmont Park, the filly Lucky Lurie became the first winner for stallion Girolamo.
Point of Entry is now off to stud, but the Phipps family may already have his replacement for next season's major turf distance events in Imagining.
Girolamo, Godolphin's grade I-winning son of A.P. Indy, will stand at Sequel Stallions in New York for the 2012 breeding season, Darley announced Nov. 2.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES. Sam F. Davis Stakes winner Brethren is showing the power of the Distorted Humor/A.P. Indy cross, which has now produced five stakes winners from 27 starters (18.5%).
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Two years ago, Big Booster was a $35,000-$39,000 claimer running at Belmont Park. Today, he has the honor of being a grade II winner, having just taken the San Juan Capistrano Invitational Handicap at Santa Anita Park. The move west and several goes over the synthetic turf reinvigorated Big Booster's racing career.
Most Popular Stories
- Benzel to Handle de Sousa's Book in NY
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Promising Youth on Display in Futurity
- Half Sisters to Preakness Winners Race Sunday
- KY Downs Ready for Meet With Record Purses
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Ben's Cat Still After Third Turf Monster Win
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- CHRB Committee Advances New Lasix Proposal
- Dialed In Colt Leads Louisiana Yearling Sale