Despite rainy weather, Lone Star Park registered increased attendance and total on-track wagering at its spring Thoroughbred meet, although all-sources handle declined 3.1% to $67.6 million.
Donoharm, winner of the Fifth Season Stakes and Essex Handicap this winter at Oaklawn Park, headlines Lone Star Park's Texas Mile (gr. III) April 27.
Populist Politics could emerge as the new state-bred ruler at Fair Grounds Dec. 8 when he takes on 10 other runners in the $150,000 Louisiana Champions Day Classic, main event of eight restricted stakes in New Orleans.
Pin Oak Stable's Alternation became a millionaire with a victory in the $200,000 Governor's Cup at Remington Park Aug. 11, but he had to work for it.
Alternation seeks redemption against a short field of four others in the $200,000 Governor's Cup Stakes at Remington Park Aug. 11, but Zayat Stables' speedy Prayer for Relief presents a challenge.
Star Guitar, the all-time leading Louisiana-bred earner, added to his legacy June 30 when he rallied to win the $100,000 Louisiana Legends Night Classic at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino in track record time.
Windy Hill Farm's Nate Mineshaft got back on the winning track with an easy front-end victory in the $300,000 Lone Star Handicap (gr. III) at Lone Star Park May 28.
Continuing his comeback from an injury that knocked him off the 2010 Triple Crown trail, Endorsement swept past 11-10 choice Canonize in deep stretch to win the $200,000 Texas Mile (gr. III) at Lone Star Park April 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan
- Purely a Dream Leads Bourbonette Exacta for McPeek
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate