Lucky Speed saved all for the stretch run, surging from off the pace to collar Panama Hat in deep stretch and capture the $350,000 American St. Leger (gr. IIIT) Aug. 15 at Arlington International Racecourse.
Leading German sire Lando was euthanized Aug. 20. The son of Acatenango had undergone successful surgery following a severe bout of colic, but suffered a spiral fracture in a leg upon rising and had to be put down. He was 23.
Leading German sire Lando, whose son Epalo ran second in the recent Man o' War Stakes (gr. IT) at Belmont Park, will stand at Haras d'Etreham.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid