Lucky Speed saved all for the stretch run, surging from off the pace to collar Panama Hat in deep stretch and capture the $350,000 American St. Leger (gr. IIIT) Aug. 15 at Arlington International Racecourse.
Leading German sire Lando was euthanized Aug. 20. The son of Acatenango had undergone successful surgery following a severe bout of colic, but suffered a spiral fracture in a leg upon rising and had to be put down. He was 23.
Leading German sire Lando, whose son Epalo ran second in the recent Man o' War Stakes (gr. IT) at Belmont Park, will stand at Haras d'Etreham.
Most Popular Stories
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm