The 2010 Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) winner Americain will commence his stud career at Calumet Farm, it was announced Nov. 22.
Americain, winner of the 2010 Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) and recently retired from racing, will stand the Northern Hemisphere breeding season in Kentucky in 2013.
A competitive field of 24 is set for the Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aus-I), including the event's two most recent winners, French stayers Americain and Dunaden, who will square off in Australia's greatest race Nov. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Will American Freedom Upset the Gold Cup?
- Congressmen Say Federal Bill Targets Lack of Uniformity
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely