The 2010 Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) winner Americain will commence his stud career at Calumet Farm, it was announced Nov. 22.
Americain, winner of the 2010 Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) and recently retired from racing, will stand the Northern Hemisphere breeding season in Kentucky in 2013.
A competitive field of 24 is set for the Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aus-I), including the event's two most recent winners, French stayers Americain and Dunaden, who will square off in Australia's greatest race Nov. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death