Diego Saenz, a 33-year-old Mexico native, chalked up his second consecutive rider title and the fourth in the past four years at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino at the recently concluded 84-night spring/summer meet.
Cole Norman earned his third stakes win of the day and swept both graded stakes events on the Lone Star Million program when Eagle Lake wired the field in Monday's $300,000 WinStar Distaff (gr. III).
Skate Away and his trainer Jeff Trosclair kept their perfect record at Fair Grounds intact by winning Saturday's $100,000 Woodchopper Handicap.
Bonapaw, who races in the colors of twin brothers-owners Jimmy & Dennis Richard, picked up his second stakes win of the Arlington Park meet when he cruised to a 4 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 Arlington Sprint Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- Klein Awarded TRA Journalism Scholarship
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Model Approach - By Eric Mitchell
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet