Diego Saenz, a 33-year-old Mexico native, chalked up his second consecutive rider title and the fourth in the past four years at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino at the recently concluded 84-night spring/summer meet.
Cole Norman earned his third stakes win of the day and swept both graded stakes events on the Lone Star Million program when Eagle Lake wired the field in Monday's $300,000 WinStar Distaff (gr. III).
Skate Away and his trainer Jeff Trosclair kept their perfect record at Fair Grounds intact by winning Saturday's $100,000 Woodchopper Handicap.
Bonapaw, who races in the colors of twin brothers-owners Jimmy & Dennis Richard, picked up his second stakes win of the Arlington Park meet when he cruised to a 4 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 Arlington Sprint Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes