Diego Saenz, a 33-year-old Mexico native, chalked up his second consecutive rider title and the fourth in the past four years at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino at the recently concluded 84-night spring/summer meet.
Cole Norman earned his third stakes win of the day and swept both graded stakes events on the Lone Star Million program when Eagle Lake wired the field in Monday's $300,000 WinStar Distaff (gr. III).
Skate Away and his trainer Jeff Trosclair kept their perfect record at Fair Grounds intact by winning Saturday's $100,000 Woodchopper Handicap.
Bonapaw, who races in the colors of twin brothers-owners Jimmy & Dennis Richard, picked up his second stakes win of the Arlington Park meet when he cruised to a 4 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 Arlington Sprint Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf