Diego Saenz, a 33-year-old Mexico native, chalked up his second consecutive rider title and the fourth in the past four years at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino at the recently concluded 84-night spring/summer meet.
Cole Norman earned his third stakes win of the day and swept both graded stakes events on the Lone Star Million program when Eagle Lake wired the field in Monday's $300,000 WinStar Distaff (gr. III).
Skate Away and his trainer Jeff Trosclair kept their perfect record at Fair Grounds intact by winning Saturday's $100,000 Woodchopper Handicap.
Bonapaw, who races in the colors of twin brothers-owners Jimmy & Dennis Richard, picked up his second stakes win of the Arlington Park meet when he cruised to a 4 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 Arlington Sprint Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start