Apprentice jockey David T. Ortiz scored the first win of his professional career on Hebop, who won the eighth race Feb. 26 at Tampa Bay Downs.
Apprentice jockey Austin Solis, 21-year-old son of the great Panamanian rider Alex Solis, broke through with his first career victory in the seventh race Dec. 22 at Tampa Bay Downs.
For the second year in a row, Tampa Bay Downs concluded its meet with a record set for co-mingled all-sources handle.
Gerald Bennett, who 33 years ago won with the first horse he ever saddled at old Greenwood Race Track in Toronto, registered the 3,000th victory of his career Aug. 28 when Shegoestoeleven won in a photo finish in the eighth race at Presque Isle Downs.
Trainer Gerald Bennett scored a rare double victory at Tampa Bay Downs in the featured seventh race Wednesday, an allowance test for older horses. Bennett's entries in the race, Demagoguery and Anglers Reef, finished in a dead heat for the win.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year
- TOBA to Present Pedigree, Conformation Clinic
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- TOBA February Member of the Month
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby