Two-time grade I winner The Usual Q. T., who earned more than $1.5 million in his career, has been retired, trainer Jim Cassidy announced March 8.
The Usual Q. T., ridden patiently by Victor Espinoza, made easy work of strong field in the $300,000 Eddie Read Stakes (gr. IT) over the Del Mar turf for the second grade I victory of his career July 24.
Grade I winner The Usual Q. T. rallied wide on the far turn to take the $100,000 Sir Beaufort Stakes (gr. IIIT) for his sixth consecutive win on opening day Dec. 26 at Santa Anita Park.
Since trainer James Cassidy switched The Usual Q.T. to the turf to break his maiden in August, all the California-bred son of standout sire Unusual Heat has done is win. He ran his streak to five against a powerful field.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Bold Conquest Not Likely for Derby AE List
- Kentucky Derby: Dortmund Gets a Bath
- NY to Consider Rule on Decoupled Entries
- Clabes Appointed Executive Director of KEEP
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Bill Cooke & Calumet Farm's Trophy Collection