Two-time grade I winner The Usual Q. T., who earned more than $1.5 million in his career, has been retired, trainer Jim Cassidy announced March 8.
The Usual Q. T., ridden patiently by Victor Espinoza, made easy work of strong field in the $300,000 Eddie Read Stakes (gr. IT) over the Del Mar turf for the second grade I victory of his career July 24.
Grade I winner The Usual Q. T. rallied wide on the far turn to take the $100,000 Sir Beaufort Stakes (gr. IIIT) for his sixth consecutive win on opening day Dec. 26 at Santa Anita Park.
Since trainer James Cassidy switched The Usual Q.T. to the turf to break his maiden in August, all the California-bred son of standout sire Unusual Heat has done is win. He ran his streak to five against a powerful field.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch