Two-time grade I winner The Usual Q. T., who earned more than $1.5 million in his career, has been retired, trainer Jim Cassidy announced March 8.
The Usual Q. T., ridden patiently by Victor Espinoza, made easy work of strong field in the $300,000 Eddie Read Stakes (gr. IT) over the Del Mar turf for the second grade I victory of his career July 24.
Grade I winner The Usual Q. T. rallied wide on the far turn to take the $100,000 Sir Beaufort Stakes (gr. IIIT) for his sixth consecutive win on opening day Dec. 26 at Santa Anita Park.
Since trainer James Cassidy switched The Usual Q.T. to the turf to break his maiden in August, all the California-bred son of standout sire Unusual Heat has done is win. He ran his streak to five against a powerful field.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year