George "Bucky" Sallee, bugler at Keeneland for more than 50 years until his retirement in the fall of 2013 to become Bugler Emeritus, died Nov. 7 at age 87.
George "Bucky" Sallee, bugler at the historic Keeneland racetrack for more than 50 years, will retire to become Bugler Emeritus beginning this fall, the Lexington oval announced Sept. 24. Steve Buttleman will replace him.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds