George "Bucky" Sallee, bugler at Keeneland for more than 50 years until his retirement in the fall of 2013 to become Bugler Emeritus, died Nov. 7 at age 87.
George "Bucky" Sallee, bugler at the historic Keeneland racetrack for more than 50 years, will retire to become Bugler Emeritus beginning this fall, the Lexington oval announced Sept. 24. Steve Buttleman will replace him.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Maker Trio Heads Muniz Memorial Handicap