George "Bucky" Sallee, bugler at Keeneland for more than 50 years until his retirement in the fall of 2013 to become Bugler Emeritus, died Nov. 7 at age 87.
George "Bucky" Sallee, bugler at the historic Keeneland racetrack for more than 50 years, will retire to become Bugler Emeritus beginning this fall, the Lexington oval announced Sept. 24. Steve Buttleman will replace him.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm