Mambo Meister, second in last year's Miami Mile Handicap (gr. IIIT), is back for the opening-day feature at Calder Casino & Race Course April 25, where he will face Sunshine Millions Turf winner Jet Propulsion.
Munnings, a sharp winner of consecutive grade II races last year, kicks off his 2010 campaign in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Jan. 9.
No one has been able to touch the swift J Be K in his five prior sprint races, but 10 other 3-year-olds intend to give it a try in the $250,000 NetJets King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Aug. 23.
Golden Spikes, on the Triple Crown trail earlier this year, is beginning to find a niche as a sprinter, as he captured the $250,000 Carry Back Stakes July 12 at Calder Race Course for his second win in a row.
Speed will be the order of day going into Saturday's Carry Back Stakes (gr. II) at six furlongs at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- American Pharoah Tops KDFW Pool 4
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot