Grade II winner Gervinho has been relocated to Legacy Ranch near Clements Calif., for the 2016 breeding season.
A colt by Into Mischief out of group II winner Smolensk brings a final bid of $320,000 from trainer Bob Baffert to top the early portion of the Barretts May sale May 13 in Pomona, Calif.
The Keeneland sale of 2-year-olds in training April 11 in Lexington will close out this year's select juvenile selling season, which has produced mixed results.
Moving a horse from one place to another is fraught with challenges, whether it is traveling by air, or simply overland by commercial carrier or horse trailer. Read More
Read what participants in the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale had to say during the auction's fourth session Jan. 15 in Lexington.
The gross revenue and average price increased during the seventh session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Monday, when a Cherokee Run colt sold for $325,000.
- By Ron Mitchell
As part of a program to determine a baseline for naturally occurring steroids in yearlings, blood samples will be taken and tested from some horses offered at the Keeneland yearling sale that begins Sept. 10 and at the Fasig-Tipton yearling sale Oct. 22-24.
Frank Sinatra and John Amerman, the former chief executive officer of Mattel Toys, will speak at seminar for new owners Aug. 24 at Del Mar. Bloodstock agent Gayle Van Leer also will be participating.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation