Popular 8-year-old won 11 of 30 starts including four grade I races.
Frank Stronach's Adena Springs Farm announced Jan. 16 that Einstein, a multiple grade I-winning millionaire, has been retired from racing and will stand the 2010 breeding season at Adena Springs in Paris, Ky.
Remarkable 7-year-old Einstein continued his amazing run on May 2 at Churchill Downs, outdueling Cowboy Cal in the stretch to win the Woodford Reserve Turf Classic (gr. IT) under Julien Leparoux. The Helen Pitts-Blasi trainee became the first horse to repeat in the prestigious event.
Einstein became the first East Coast shipper since Broad Brush in 1987 to capture the $1 million Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I), capitalizing on a perfect trip with jockey Julien Leparoux to defeat the late closer Champs Elysees.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward
- Peace and War Returns for Ashland
- Korean Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in Accident
- Stopchargingmaria Makes 2015 Debut in Madison
- Ashland Stakes: Olly Stevens on Peace and War
- Roberta 'Bobbie' Croll Dies at Age 94
- Churchill Names New Track Superintendent