Graded stakes winner Congressionalhonor sired his first winner when his daughter Congresionalaffair won Nov. 18 at Laurel.
The Maryland racing community will have a benefit May 24 at Laurel for apprentice jockey Marion Cornwell, who was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor.
Thrice Worthy, who holds the modern day steeplechase record by number of consecutive wins, has been euthanized at owner Sally Nims' Dogwood Springs Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Morris Bailey's favored Laila's Punch stamped herself as a filly to watch with an impressive six-length victory in the $74,600 Marshua Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Laurel Park.
Maryland Gov. Robert Ehrlich made a personal appeal to members of a House committee Tuesday for approval of his slot machine bill. Before the meeting Ehrlich attended a pro-slots rally at the Capitol conducted by members of the state's horse industry.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Lady Shipman Seeks Graded Win at Woodbine
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth