Graded stakes winner Congressionalhonor sired his first winner when his daughter Congresionalaffair won Nov. 18 at Laurel.
The Maryland racing community will have a benefit May 24 at Laurel for apprentice jockey Marion Cornwell, who was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor.
Thrice Worthy, who holds the modern day steeplechase record by number of consecutive wins, has been euthanized at owner Sally Nims' Dogwood Springs Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Morris Bailey's favored Laila's Punch stamped herself as a filly to watch with an impressive six-length victory in the $74,600 Marshua Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Laurel Park.
Maryland Gov. Robert Ehrlich made a personal appeal to members of a House committee Tuesday for approval of his slot machine bill. Before the meeting Ehrlich attended a pro-slots rally at the Capitol conducted by members of the state's horse industry.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud