Graded stakes winner Congressionalhonor sired his first winner when his daughter Congresionalaffair won Nov. 18 at Laurel.
The Maryland racing community will have a benefit May 24 at Laurel for apprentice jockey Marion Cornwell, who was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor.
Thrice Worthy, who holds the modern day steeplechase record by number of consecutive wins, has been euthanized at owner Sally Nims' Dogwood Springs Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Morris Bailey's favored Laila's Punch stamped herself as a filly to watch with an impressive six-length victory in the $74,600 Marshua Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Laurel Park.
Maryland Gov. Robert Ehrlich made a personal appeal to members of a House committee Tuesday for approval of his slot machine bill. Before the meeting Ehrlich attended a pro-slots rally at the Capitol conducted by members of the state's horse industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes