Graded stakes winner Congressionalhonor sired his first winner when his daughter Congresionalaffair won Nov. 18 at Laurel.
The Maryland racing community will have a benefit May 24 at Laurel for apprentice jockey Marion Cornwell, who was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor.
Thrice Worthy, who holds the modern day steeplechase record by number of consecutive wins, has been euthanized at owner Sally Nims' Dogwood Springs Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Morris Bailey's favored Laila's Punch stamped herself as a filly to watch with an impressive six-length victory in the $74,600 Marshua Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Laurel Park.
Maryland Gov. Robert Ehrlich made a personal appeal to members of a House committee Tuesday for approval of his slot machine bill. Before the meeting Ehrlich attended a pro-slots rally at the Capitol conducted by members of the state's horse industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races