Graded stakes winner Congressionalhonor sired his first winner when his daughter Congresionalaffair won Nov. 18 at Laurel.
The Maryland racing community will have a benefit May 24 at Laurel for apprentice jockey Marion Cornwell, who was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor.
Thrice Worthy, who holds the modern day steeplechase record by number of consecutive wins, has been euthanized at owner Sally Nims' Dogwood Springs Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Morris Bailey's favored Laila's Punch stamped herself as a filly to watch with an impressive six-length victory in the $74,600 Marshua Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Laurel Park.
Maryland Gov. Robert Ehrlich made a personal appeal to members of a House committee Tuesday for approval of his slot machine bill. Before the meeting Ehrlich attended a pro-slots rally at the Capitol conducted by members of the state's horse industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion