Big Brown, champion 3-year-old of 2008 when he won the first two legs of the Triple Crown and a leading third-crop sire, will stand the 2015 season in New York.
Heavy Breathing, the full brother to grade I winner and sire Frost Giant, will stand his initial season in 2014 for a fee of $2,500 at Dutchess Views Farm in Pine Plains, N.Y.
Following the record-breaking success of last year's top New York freshman sire Frost Giant, a group including that stallion's principal owner will stand his full brother, stakes-placed Heavy Breathing, in New York in 2014.
Andrew Cohen missed owning a Triple Crown winner when Big Brown came up empty in the Belmont. This week he tries to complete a personal Triple Crown when Giant Finish tries the Belmont Stakes.
Giant Finish has 10 points on the Road to the Kentucky Derby, and bumped Fear the Kitten to the also-eligible list for the 20-horse field when it was announced he will run April 30.
Stardom Bound, a 2008 champion and winner of that year's Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), has been retired from racing and been booked to Big Brown
Laragh, the only graded winner in the May 1 Edgewood Stakes, won the race in wire-to-wire fashion over favored Magical Affair.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
Laragh's victories, most recently in the grade I Hollywood Starlet Stakes Dec. 13, have helped seal her sire Tapit's position as the leading freshman sire and juvenile sire of 2008. Laragh has won on synthetic surfaces and turf and could be equally dangerous as a sophomore on dirt in 2009.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Look Back: Justakiss, Ole Liz Win Divisions of Bewitch
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017