Kate's Main Man, the 2010 national claimer of the year who ranks third among Iowa-breds in career earnings, is one of three inductees to the Prairie Meadows Hall of Fame. The ceremony took place Aug. 2.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino is opposing a proposed casino in Jefferson, Iowa, that it estimates would reduce its gaming revenue by nearly $13 million.
Iowa breeders are seeking legislation to end a requirement that a registered stallion in the state must be owned by an Iowa resident. Currently, at least 51% of an Iowa-registered sire must be owned by an Iowa resident.
The 67-day Thoroughbred meet at Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino will run from April 18-Aug. 9 in 2014, but its racing week is still in dispute.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino and the Iowa Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association have selected TVG as the provider for an advance deposit wagering system.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino and the Iowa Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association have announced they are collaborating on the development of the state's first legal online wagering platform.
Prairie Meadows will host a silent auction July 16 during the "Ridin' the Storm Out Flood Relief Concert" featuring REO Speedwagon, with special guest Little River Band.
The mixed meet at Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino experienced a 12.5% increase in overall betting per day, but a 4.6% drop in on-track wagering.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino has selected Gary Palmer to be its new general manager.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- Haskin: Bronwen Healy's American Adventure
- World Approval, Night Prowler Seeking 'Fame'
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut