Bob Black Jack had a 14-month layoff to overcome but all the cards were in his favor when he wired the field in the $150,000 San Carlos Handicap (gr. II) by 2 1/2 lengths at Santa Anita Feb. 20.
California stallion Madraar was represented by his first winner when his son Arabian Star won Dec. 9 at Woodbine.
The first offspring by stakes winner Stormy Jack is a filly foaled Jan. 23 at the Barretts Sale grounds.
California graded stakes winner Lil Sister Stich has been retired.
Madraar, a half-brother to European champion and 2001 Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) winner Fantastic Light, has been retired and will stand at Gary and Marlene Howard's Hideaway Farm near San Jacinto, Calif.
California stallion Din's Dancer, sire of millionaire Ladies Din, was euthanized Oct. 12 after fracturing a pastern bone in a paddock accident that day at Gary and Marlene Howard's Hideaway Farms near San Jacinto, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen