Edward P. Evans' homebred American Dance, installed as the lukewarm 3-1 morning line favorite for the June 4 Brooklyn Handicap (gr. II), will face stiff challenges from stablemate Tiger's Rock and Eldaafer.
Todd Pletcher is always a presence at the Breeders' Cup World Championships, and with a spot to the Nov. 7 Breeders' Cup Marathon up for grabs via the $100,000 Turfway Park Fall Championship Stakes (gr. IIIT), the Eclipse Award-winning trainer will look to bolster his chances with a pair of solid contenders.
Unusual Suspect, the second-longest shot on the board at 24-1, won a head-bobbing decision over Richard's Kid to capture the $150,000 Cougar II Handicap at Del Mar and sew up a starting berth in the Breeders' Cup Marathon.
Trainer John Sadler's Zappa, a 6 1/4-length winner of the 2008 Cougar II Handicap, is back to defend his title against Mike Mitchell's top-weighted duo of Big Booster and Church Service in the $150,000 renewal of the 1 1/2-mile event Aug. 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California