Edward P. Evans' homebred American Dance, installed as the lukewarm 3-1 morning line favorite for the June 4 Brooklyn Handicap (gr. II), will face stiff challenges from stablemate Tiger's Rock and Eldaafer.
Todd Pletcher is always a presence at the Breeders' Cup World Championships, and with a spot to the Nov. 7 Breeders' Cup Marathon up for grabs via the $100,000 Turfway Park Fall Championship Stakes (gr. IIIT), the Eclipse Award-winning trainer will look to bolster his chances with a pair of solid contenders.
Unusual Suspect, the second-longest shot on the board at 24-1, won a head-bobbing decision over Richard's Kid to capture the $150,000 Cougar II Handicap at Del Mar and sew up a starting berth in the Breeders' Cup Marathon.
Trainer John Sadler's Zappa, a 6 1/4-length winner of the 2008 Cougar II Handicap, is back to defend his title against Mike Mitchell's top-weighted duo of Big Booster and Church Service in the $150,000 renewal of the 1 1/2-mile event Aug. 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double