With his second pre-Derby breeze coming up for trainer Doug O'Neill April 22, Nyquist galloped a circuit at Keeneland the morning of April 20.
Watch California Chrome gallop at Los Alamitos and hear thoughts from trainer Art Sherman. watch video
If you blinked, you might have missed it. American Pharoah was on the Saratoga Race Course main track for all of five minutes for an easy gallop Aug. 27. It was the Triple Crown winner's first time on the track.
Zayat Stables' Triple Crown winner American Pharoah took his training up a notch June 13, galloping 1 1/4 miles on the Churchill Downs main track.
American Pharoah gets bath after galloping over a sloppy track on May 25, 2015 at Churchill Downs in preparation for the Belmont Stakes. watch video
Divining Rod gallops at Fair Hill on May 9, 2015. Courtesy of the Maryland Jockey Club
Mr. Z galloping after a two furlong blow out for the Kentucky Derby.
Watch horse of the year California Chrome work the morning of Jan. 19, 2015 at Los Alamitos Racecourse. Video is courtesy of Los Alamitos Racecourse.
All that is left for the son of Lucky Pulpit is another gallop May 16 and perhaps a light jog the morning before he runs in the second jewel of the Triple Crown.
Behind the scenes reflections following one of Animal Kingdom's breezes in England. This is a part of a series featuring Animal Kingdom.
Hall of Fame trainer on the works of Kentucky Oaks (gr.I) contender Midnight Lucky and potential Kentucky Derby (gr.I) contender Code West, as well as the gallop of Govenor Charlie. watch video
Grade II winner Soto, who sustained an injury while second to Ten Most Wanted in last year's Super Derby (gr. II), has been retired from racing.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup