Winning Cause made amends for a runner-up finish in last year's Red Bank Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park when getting up late to edge Heart to Heart and win in this year's edition May 16.
Winning Cause, getting an ideal stalking trip from jockey Eddie Castro, staved off odds-on choice Big Blue Kitten to win the Cliff Hanger Stakes (gr. IIIT) Aug. 24 on turf at Monmouth Park, halting a 10-race losing skid.
Boat Trip earned his fourth win in five tries on the Hollywood Park turf when he came from off the pace to capture the Hollywood Turf Express, a race that featured an extremely rare triple dead-heat for second Dec. 8.
Alto Racing's Winning Cause got up in the final strides of the $200,000 Coolmore Lexington Stakes (gr. III) April 20 at Keeneland, earning 20 points on the road to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Odds-on favorite Bern Identity made quick work of seven rivals in the $200,000 Jean Lafitte Stakes at Delta Downs Oct. 20 in preparation for next month's $1 million Delta Jackpot (gr. III).
Favored Bern Identity stalked a hot pace before sweeping to victory over front-running Handsome Jack in the $200,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-olds at Saratoga Race Course July 22.
Even-money choice More Than Love, making her stakes debut, was all-out to the final lunge to nose ultra-game 29-1 pacesetter Starship Flare in the $100,000 Miesque Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Hollywood Park turf Nov. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal