Winning Cause made amends for a runner-up finish in last year's Red Bank Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park when getting up late to edge Heart to Heart and win in this year's edition May 16.
Winning Cause, getting an ideal stalking trip from jockey Eddie Castro, staved off odds-on choice Big Blue Kitten to win the Cliff Hanger Stakes (gr. IIIT) Aug. 24 on turf at Monmouth Park, halting a 10-race losing skid.
Boat Trip earned his fourth win in five tries on the Hollywood Park turf when he came from off the pace to capture the Hollywood Turf Express, a race that featured an extremely rare triple dead-heat for second Dec. 8.
Alto Racing's Winning Cause got up in the final strides of the $200,000 Coolmore Lexington Stakes (gr. III) April 20 at Keeneland, earning 20 points on the road to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Odds-on favorite Bern Identity made quick work of seven rivals in the $200,000 Jean Lafitte Stakes at Delta Downs Oct. 20 in preparation for next month's $1 million Delta Jackpot (gr. III).
Favored Bern Identity stalked a hot pace before sweeping to victory over front-running Handsome Jack in the $200,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-olds at Saratoga Race Course July 22.
Even-money choice More Than Love, making her stakes debut, was all-out to the final lunge to nose ultra-game 29-1 pacesetter Starship Flare in the $100,000 Miesque Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Hollywood Park turf Nov. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Bolo Back Home at Santa Anita for Thunder Road
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends