Images honoring the Hall of Fame trainer and industry leader View Slideshow
John Nerud, who turns 102 on Feb. 9, sends out homebred to break maiden at Big A
John Nerud managed at least part of the racing or breeding careers of several important sires, as well as breeding and racing two more in his own right.
Triple Crown winners during the 'Golden Age' all began their 3-year-old campaigns in sprints.
No award given to John Nerud could be more appropriately named than the Award of Merit.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Evangeline Downs Hosts LA Legends Night