Images honoring the Hall of Fame trainer and industry leader View Slideshow
John Nerud, who turns 102 on Feb. 9, sends out homebred to break maiden at Big A
John Nerud managed at least part of the racing or breeding careers of several important sires, as well as breeding and racing two more in his own right.
Triple Crown winners during the 'Golden Age' all began their 3-year-old campaigns in sprints.
No award given to John Nerud could be more appropriately named than the Award of Merit.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont