Ricardo Santana Jr., the leading apprentice rider in Panama, has arrived in the United States and will have his first mount Sept. 15.
Ruben Munoz, agent for jockey Gabriel Saez, will also handle the book for leading rider John Velazquez at the Keeneland meet that begins April 3.
Trainer Larry Jones scratched the filly Eight Belles from the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), and then proceeded to win the race with Proud Spell.
Should Eight Belles run in the May 3 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands instead of the previous day's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), jockey Gabe Saez will have the mount, trainer Larry Jones said April 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm