Horse racing's decades-old video production of live racing through the pan shot was panned, and otherwise described as unimaginative when compared with other sporting events, during an industry conference Oct. 8.
Keeneland Association and the New York Racing Association are collaborating on a project to preserve NYRA's film and video archives, which span more than 100 years of racing.
John Lee, director of broadcasting for the New York Racing Association, was elected president of the Turf Publicists of America, which announced its slate of officers during the Racing Industry Symposium at the University of Arizona Dec. 8.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Our Channel Makes Trek for American Derby
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity