Horse racing's decades-old video production of live racing through the pan shot was panned, and otherwise described as unimaginative when compared with other sporting events, during an industry conference Oct. 8.
Keeneland will produce live coverage of the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame induction ceremony on Friday, Aug. 12, in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Keeneland announced Oct. 2 that it will provide simulcasting in high definition, beginning with its fall race meeting, to be held Oct. 9-31.
Keeneland Racecourse announced June 18 it will become the first racetrack in North America to provide live race coverage and limited simulcasts in High-Definition format.
Keeneland Association and the New York Racing Association are collaborating on a project to preserve NYRA's film and video archives, which span more than 100 years of racing.
John Lee, director of broadcasting for the New York Racing Association, was elected president of the Turf Publicists of America, which announced its slate of officers during the Racing Industry Symposium at the University of Arizona Dec. 8.
NBC Sports has won the Eclipse Award for National Television – Live Racing Programming for its production of the 2003 Preakness Stakes, the National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Jan. 14. Other media Eclipse Award winners were also named.
The Turf Publicists of America (TPA) elected its slate of officers for 2004 following its annual held during the Racing Industry Symposium at the University of Arizona.
- By Jack Shinar
The Keeneland Association was awarded the 2003 Simulcast Award for best telecast production Sept. 30 at the International Simulcast Conference in Burlingame, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill