Although there are only two minor stakes this weekend, Nick Zito and Shug McGaughey will have important tests for two of their big horses. This also is a good time to see if there are still any live longshots in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) future book lurking out there who might be worth taking a hard look at.
Even though folks are aware the future book is normally a bad bet, with good horses priced way too low, some still can't help taking the plunge. So, here's a look at what's out there.
The first of three future wagers conducted by Churchill Downs on the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) will be held this week. from noon eastern time on Thursday until 6:30 p.m. on Sunday.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Empire Maker was made the 7-2 favorite for the Breeders' Cup Classic, Powered by Dodge (gr. I) in future book wagering conducted this weekend.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Kentucky Derby: Dortmund in the House
- Positive Forecast for Kentucky Derby, Oaks
- Jones Fillies Drill for Kentucky Oaks
- Puca Works Four Furlongs in Oaks Prep
- Kentucky Derby News Update: April 26, 2015
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- KY Derby: Zayats & Baffert - American Pharoah
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill