The first classic race in Japan to be run since the devastating earthquake and tsunami took place at Tokyo Racecourse on April 24 when the Japanese Two Thousand Guineas (Jpn-I) was won by Orfevre.
Earthquake damage to Nakayama Racecourse has forced the rescheduling and relocation of Japan's first classic race, the Japanese 2000 Guineas (Jpn-I) to Tokyo Racecourse. The race will be run April 24 instead of April 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba