Making a huge statement for Japanese racing, Cesario demolished an international field of 3-year-old fillies in winning the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) on the Hollywood Park grass Sunday.
Cesario, winner of Japanese Oaks (Jpn-I) in her last start on May 22, is scheduled to arrive at Hollywood Park Monday for the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) on July 3, racing secretary Martin Panza said Friday.
Favored Japanese challenger Eishin Preston won the group I Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup at Sha Tin on Sunday for the second year in a row.
Eishin Preston, an American-bred son of Green Dancer based in Japan, defeated Takao Watanabe's Agnes Digital by a half-length in Sunday's Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) on good turf at Sha Tin.
Most Popular Stories
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- Zia Park Schedules 33 Stakes for 2015 Meet
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- New Drug Rules Take Effect in West Virginia