Hip 110, Unbridled's Song colt in the ring at Fasig-Tipton. The colt sold for $400,000, the top price offering in the during the first half of the yearling portion of the Fasig-Tipon Kentucky July sale in Lexington July 14.
Fasig-Tipton officials are optimistic heading into the company's July select yearling auction, but the declining fortunes of yearling-to-juvenile pinhookers could reduce the demand for young horses.
Three days after rival Keeneland announced a one-year hiatus for its select yearling sale in July due to the effects of mare reproductive loss syndrome on the pool of early maturing foals of 2002, Fasig-Tipton Company said it was sticking to its traditional sale dates for Lexington in July and Saratoga Springs, N.Y., in August.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill