Hip 110, Unbridled's Song colt in the ring at Fasig-Tipton. The colt sold for $400,000, the top price offering in the during the first half of the yearling portion of the Fasig-Tipon Kentucky July sale in Lexington July 14.
Fasig-Tipton officials are optimistic heading into the company's July select yearling auction, but the declining fortunes of yearling-to-juvenile pinhookers could reduce the demand for young horses.
Three days after rival Keeneland announced a one-year hiatus for its select yearling sale in July due to the effects of mare reproductive loss syndrome on the pool of early maturing foals of 2002, Fasig-Tipton Company said it was sticking to its traditional sale dates for Lexington in July and Saratoga Springs, N.Y., in August.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Fasig-Tipton Adds New Sale Aimed at Turf Prospects
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- NYRA Privatization Stalls During NY Budget Wrangling