Hip 110, Unbridled's Song colt in the ring at Fasig-Tipton. The colt sold for $400,000, the top price offering in the during the first half of the yearling portion of the Fasig-Tipon Kentucky July sale in Lexington July 14.
Fasig-Tipton officials are optimistic heading into the company's July select yearling auction, but the declining fortunes of yearling-to-juvenile pinhookers could reduce the demand for young horses.
Three days after rival Keeneland announced a one-year hiatus for its select yearling sale in July due to the effects of mare reproductive loss syndrome on the pool of early maturing foals of 2002, Fasig-Tipton Company said it was sticking to its traditional sale dates for Lexington in July and Saratoga Springs, N.Y., in August.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Klosterman’s Legacy Continues at Fasig-Tipton
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Trainer Baird Reaches Win 2,000
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic