Hip 110, Unbridled's Song colt in the ring at Fasig-Tipton. The colt sold for $400,000, the top price offering in the during the first half of the yearling portion of the Fasig-Tipon Kentucky July sale in Lexington July 14.
Fasig-Tipton officials are optimistic heading into the company's July select yearling auction, but the declining fortunes of yearling-to-juvenile pinhookers could reduce the demand for young horses.
Three days after rival Keeneland announced a one-year hiatus for its select yearling sale in July due to the effects of mare reproductive loss syndrome on the pool of early maturing foals of 2002, Fasig-Tipton Company said it was sticking to its traditional sale dates for Lexington in July and Saratoga Springs, N.Y., in August.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Seasoned Sprinters Fill Churchill Downs S.