Hip 110, Unbridled's Song colt in the ring at Fasig-Tipton. The colt sold for $400,000, the top price offering in the during the first half of the yearling portion of the Fasig-Tipon Kentucky July sale in Lexington July 14.
Fasig-Tipton officials are optimistic heading into the company's July select yearling auction, but the declining fortunes of yearling-to-juvenile pinhookers could reduce the demand for young horses.
Three days after rival Keeneland announced a one-year hiatus for its select yearling sale in July due to the effects of mare reproductive loss syndrome on the pool of early maturing foals of 2002, Fasig-Tipton Company said it was sticking to its traditional sale dates for Lexington in July and Saratoga Springs, N.Y., in August.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride