Cot recalls a communication breakdown that derailed a French trainer's pitch to sell a filly by Northern Dancer. read blog
Terlingua, who made a name for herself as one of the fastest fillies of her generation and as the dam of leading sire Storm Cat, was euthanized April 29 because of complications from the infirmities of old age at the Young family's Overbrook Farm near Lexington.
Jockey Florent Geroux, a relative newcomer to the U.S. racing scene, was hospitalized following a spill in the sixth race at Keeneland Oct. 5.
A three-member panel of the Emirates Racing Authority on Monday heard the appeal of the connections of Brass Hat over the gelding's disqualification of his second-place finish in this year's Dubai World Cup (UAE-I).
Grade I winner Imaginary Lady, an 18-year-old daughter of Marfa, was euthanized July 16 after being found in the field at Spendthrift Farm near Lexington with a fractured leg.
Most Popular Stories
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Trainer Van Winkle Earns 1,000th Career Win
- Daddy's More Than Home
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- NYRA XP App Available for First Time at Saratoga
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- HRRN Plans Race Coverage Saturday From Saratoga