Cot recalls a communication breakdown that derailed a French trainer's pitch to sell a filly by Northern Dancer. read blog
Terlingua, who made a name for herself as one of the fastest fillies of her generation and as the dam of leading sire Storm Cat, was euthanized April 29 because of complications from the infirmities of old age at the Young family's Overbrook Farm near Lexington.
Jockey Florent Geroux, a relative newcomer to the U.S. racing scene, was hospitalized following a spill in the sixth race at Keeneland Oct. 5.
A three-member panel of the Emirates Racing Authority on Monday heard the appeal of the connections of Brass Hat over the gelding's disqualification of his second-place finish in this year's Dubai World Cup (UAE-I).
Grade I winner Imaginary Lady, an 18-year-old daughter of Marfa, was euthanized July 16 after being found in the field at Spendthrift Farm near Lexington with a fractured leg.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Klein Awarded TRA Journalism Scholarship
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired