Reports have been circulating that there is a disease similar to mare reproductive loss syndrome occurring in Australia. Dr. Nigel Perkins of the private consulting firm AusVet Animal Health Services has termed it equine amnionitis and fetal loss (EAFL).Additional information was released Dec. 1 by the Hunter Valley Equine Research Centre, a research facility adjacent to Scone racetrack in the heart of the Australian breeding area, concerning a problem that is causing sporadic abortions throughout the area in mid- to late-term pregnancies.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park