Even-money choice Cost of Freedom rushed to the lead for jockey Joe Talamo and never looked back in taking the $100,000 Vernon O. Underwood Stakes (gr. III) by 1 3/4 lengths in the Thanksgiving Day feature at Hollywood Park.
Cost of Freedom opened up by a couple of lengths in the lane and held steady under some urging by jockey Tyler Baze to win the $100,000 Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III) as the even-money choice at Hollywood Park June 5.
In a battle of grade I winning sprinters at Hollywood Park May 6, Cost of Freedom led all the way to upset 7-10 choice M One Rifle in a $61,100 optional claiming allowance event.
Most Popular Stories
- Curalina Opens Year with La Troienne Win
- Rocket Heat Fires to Turf Sprint Victory
- Carina Mia Wins Eight Belles at 3-5
- Catch a Glimpse Carries on to Edgewood Score
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Majestic Harbor Springs Alysheba Upset
- Derby by the Speed Numbers