Even-money choice Cost of Freedom rushed to the lead for jockey Joe Talamo and never looked back in taking the $100,000 Vernon O. Underwood Stakes (gr. III) by 1 3/4 lengths in the Thanksgiving Day feature at Hollywood Park.
Cost of Freedom opened up by a couple of lengths in the lane and held steady under some urging by jockey Tyler Baze to win the $100,000 Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III) as the even-money choice at Hollywood Park June 5.
In a battle of grade I winning sprinters at Hollywood Park May 6, Cost of Freedom led all the way to upset 7-10 choice M One Rifle in a $61,100 optional claiming allowance event.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Two Paths Toward Integrity
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale
- Casino OTB Parlor in Maryland Proves Popular
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Entrepreneurs Wanted at Arizona Symposium