Even-money choice Cost of Freedom rushed to the lead for jockey Joe Talamo and never looked back in taking the $100,000 Vernon O. Underwood Stakes (gr. III) by 1 3/4 lengths in the Thanksgiving Day feature at Hollywood Park.
Cost of Freedom opened up by a couple of lengths in the lane and held steady under some urging by jockey Tyler Baze to win the $100,000 Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III) as the even-money choice at Hollywood Park June 5.
In a battle of grade I winning sprinters at Hollywood Park May 6, Cost of Freedom led all the way to upset 7-10 choice M One Rifle in a $61,100 optional claiming allowance event.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- A Look Back: Miesque's Second Mile Victory
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Bernardini Rules Fasig-Tipton Final Session
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies