Mr. and Mrs. Bertram Firestone's homebred Middleburg has shown his best at Monmouth Park and gave another example June 5 in the $100,000 Red Bank Stakes (gr. III).
Vyjack—who last time out won a Keeneland allowance over the same lawn upon which his half sister, champion Tepin, has picked up three grade I wins—returns to the graded ranks June 5 in the $100,000 Red Bank Stakes (gr. IIIT)
Heart to Heart has the recent form and Long On Value is proven in the Canadian Turf, but both will have to hold off up-and-comer Divisidero and the dangerous Avanzare.
Favored Za Approval, runner-up in last year's Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), broke through with his first win of 2014 when he led gate-to-wire to capture the $98,000 Real Courage Stakes on the Belmont Park turf Sept. 7.
Hard-working Guys Reward, making the 46th start of his career, wore down pacesetter Fredericksburg in the final sixteenth of a mile to win the $170,000 Oceanport Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Monmouth Park turf July 27.
Canadian Horse of the Year Up With the Birds takes on highweights Hamp and Hey Leroy May 17 in the $400,000 Longines Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) at Pimlico Race Course.
Odds-on choice Admiral Kitten surged through the stretch to catch Fredericksburg just in time for a neck victory in the $200,000 John B. Connally Turf Cup (gr. IIIT) on the night of Jan. 25 at Sam Houston Race Park.
The Big Bad Kittens are invading Texas, as grade I winner Admiral Kitten faces seven opponents in the $200,000 John B. Connally Turf Cup (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston Race Park Jan. 25.
Undefeated 2-year-old champion faces nine opponents in 1 1/16-mile test at Gulfstream Park Jan. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks