Fred Winters has been named farm manager of Vivien Malloy's Edition Farm. The farm is located near Hyde Park, N.Y.
After almost three years as operations manager for the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation, Fred Winters has decided to return to a commercial role within the Thoroughbred industry.
The High Hope Steeplechase has moved its office to the Maker's Mark Secretariat Center – a Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation facility.
- By Pete Spanos
Fred Winters, operations director for the Lexington-based Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation, spoke to members of the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Manager's Club Tuesday about the plight of some 1,100 former racehorses in need of adoption.
Fred Winters, former president of the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers Club, a longtime farm manager at several prominent Lexington-area farms and a partner in Equine Farm Management Inc., was named the Director of Operations of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation Jan. 23.
Thoroughbred racing and breeding information
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud