Devil by Design, making her season debut for trainer Bill Mott, overcame early trouble to take control in the final furlong, winning the $100,000 Chicago Handicap (gr. III) July 3 at Arlington Park.
Washington stallion and millionaire Desert Wine, who ran second in the 1983 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I), died Oct. 15 of a heart attack at Gary and Christine Jackson's St. Hilaire Farm near Yakima.
A Gentlemen filly brought $135,000 Monday to top the first session of the Barretts May sale of 2-year-olds in training in California.
A Gentleman filly brought $135,000 Monday to top the first session of the Barretts May sale of 2-year-olds in training in California.
Longshot Adminniestrator closed powerfully in the stretch to get up by a nose at the wire over Music's Storm in the $500,000 Barretts/CTBA Sunshine Millions Turf Stakes Saturday at Santa Anita.
In a move that removes a potential restriction on the future relocation of the Los Angeles County Fair's racing dates, the fair association announced it has purchased controlling interest of Barretts Equine Ltd., which conducts the top 2-year-olds in-training auction in the state each March.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- White Beauty Lineage
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic