Devil by Design, making her season debut for trainer Bill Mott, overcame early trouble to take control in the final furlong, winning the $100,000 Chicago Handicap (gr. III) July 3 at Arlington Park.
Washington stallion and millionaire Desert Wine, who ran second in the 1983 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I), died Oct. 15 of a heart attack at Gary and Christine Jackson's St. Hilaire Farm near Yakima.
A Gentlemen filly brought $135,000 Monday to top the first session of the Barretts May sale of 2-year-olds in training in California.
A Gentleman filly brought $135,000 Monday to top the first session of the Barretts May sale of 2-year-olds in training in California.
Longshot Adminniestrator closed powerfully in the stretch to get up by a nose at the wire over Music's Storm in the $500,000 Barretts/CTBA Sunshine Millions Turf Stakes Saturday at Santa Anita.
In a move that removes a potential restriction on the future relocation of the Los Angeles County Fair's racing dates, the fair association announced it has purchased controlling interest of Barretts Equine Ltd., which conducts the top 2-year-olds in-training auction in the state each March.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- American Dirt Records a Thing of the Past
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent