Zia Park reported an overall handle increase of 14.29% for the 56-day Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse meet that concluded Dec. 3.
Zia Park Racetrack & Casino will offer its richest-ever stakes schedule and a new wagering menu when the Hobbs, N.M., oval begins its racing season Sept. 7. Racing runs until Dec. 3.
The Zia Park Oaks, worth $300,000, is scheduled for its inaugural running Nov. 23, the New Mexico track announced.
Veteran racing official and horseman Fred Hutton has been named director of racing operations at Zia Park in Hobbs, N.M., effective March 24.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino has changed the entry schedule for its 2012 Thoroughbred meet, which begins Friday, April 20.
Prairie Meadows announced Jan. 23 the appointment of Fred Hutton as racing secretary for the 67-day meet that runs April 20-Aug. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Bogdan, Former NY Breeders Lobbyist, Dies
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- 'Night of the Stars' to Benefit CKRH
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Winter Not a Serious Threat to Eastern Tent Caterpillar Eggs
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail