Zia Park reported an overall handle increase of 14.29% for the 56-day Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse meet that concluded Dec. 3.
Zia Park Racetrack & Casino will offer its richest-ever stakes schedule and a new wagering menu when the Hobbs, N.M., oval begins its racing season Sept. 7. Racing runs until Dec. 3.
The Zia Park Oaks, worth $300,000, is scheduled for its inaugural running Nov. 23, the New Mexico track announced.
Veteran racing official and horseman Fred Hutton has been named director of racing operations at Zia Park in Hobbs, N.M., effective March 24.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino has changed the entry schedule for its 2012 Thoroughbred meet, which begins Friday, April 20.
Prairie Meadows announced Jan. 23 the appointment of Fred Hutton as racing secretary for the 67-day meet that runs April 20-Aug. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- 'Bea' Changes Tactics, Captures Sugar Maple
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington