Zia Park Racetrack & Casino has released a schedule of 33 stakes for its 56-day mixed meet that begins Sept. 12.
Sam Houston Race Park begins its 2014 live racing season the evening of Jan. 16 with full fields and anticipation for its major stakes night the following weekend.
Concluding its 10th season, Zia Park reported record all-sources handle of $536,316 for the 56-day meeting that ended Dec. 2.
Zia Park in Hobbs, N.M., has announced the appointment of Robbie Junk as racing secretary and Johnnie Jamison as starter for the Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse meet that begins Sept. 6.
Zia Park reported an overall handle increase of 14.29% for the 56-day Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse meet that concluded Dec. 3.
Zia Park Racetrack & Casino will offer its richest-ever stakes schedule and a new wagering menu when the Hobbs, N.M., oval begins its racing season Sept. 7. Racing runs until Dec. 3.
The Zia Park Oaks, worth $300,000, is scheduled for its inaugural running Nov. 23, the New Mexico track announced.
Veteran racing official and horseman Fred Hutton has been named director of racing operations at Zia Park in Hobbs, N.M., effective March 24.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino has changed the entry schedule for its 2012 Thoroughbred meet, which begins Friday, April 20.
Prairie Meadows announced Jan. 23 the appointment of Fred Hutton as racing secretary for the 67-day meet that runs April 20-Aug. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Positive Start to Fasig-Tipton October Sale
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud