It certainly wasn't the biggest race of the season, but Monday's $81,225 Fred "Cappy" Capossela had to be special to Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas' New York operation. The winner, Quick Action is owned by longtime client Overbrook Farm, whose founder, William T. Young, died last week.
Michael Dubb's Alysweep overcame an early slip, sweeping outside of favored Philadelphia Jim and drawing off to a 1 ½-length victory in the $79,800 Fred "Cappy" Capossela for 3-year-olds Monday at Aqueduct.
Trainer Gary Contessa, a 30-year racetrack veteran, has had high hopes for Unswept, who begins his 3-year-old season in Monday's $75,000 Fred "Cappy" Capossela at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago