A study on the effects of caterpillars points to the insects themselves, not their waste, as the cause of early fetal loss...Preliminary survey results show 8% loss of 2003 crop.
Early test results of a University of Kentucky College of Agriculture study appear to show a correlation between eastern tent caterpillars, their waste--called frass--and foal loss in mares exposed to both.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm