A study on the effects of caterpillars points to the insects themselves, not their waste, as the cause of early fetal loss...Preliminary survey results show 8% loss of 2003 crop.
Early test results of a University of Kentucky College of Agriculture study appear to show a correlation between eastern tent caterpillars, their waste--called frass--and foal loss in mares exposed to both.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start