A study on the effects of caterpillars points to the insects themselves, not their waste, as the cause of early fetal loss...Preliminary survey results show 8% loss of 2003 crop.
Early test results of a University of Kentucky College of Agriculture study appear to show a correlation between eastern tent caterpillars, their waste--called frass--and foal loss in mares exposed to both.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Thomas Enjoying Versatile Bridlewood Role
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight