Four horses stormed toward the finish line in the $100,000 Miracle Wood Stakes for 3-year-olds Feb. 16 at Laurel Park before Savvy Street won the tightest of finishes over Combat Diver.
South Carolina Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association honored its 2012 award recipients at its annual awards banquet in Camden on Saturday, Jan. 12.
Straight Talking, a 4-year-old son of Dixieland Band, will enter stud at Franklin G. Smith's Elloree Training Center near Elloree, S.C.
Trainer Franklin Smith, who gave then 14-year-old Chris Antley his first job in racing, and others in the late jockey's hometown of Elloree, S. C. are trying to deal with the news that the rider was killed. Although Antley had not lived in Elloree for about 18 years, The (Columbia, S. C.) State newspaper reported he was a frequent visitor who never forgot his roots. "Everyone around this community kept up with Chris' career and asked about him all the time," Smith told the newspaper.
Most Popular Stories
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- International Star Sweeps to LA Derby Score
- I'm a Chatterbox Notches Easy FG Oaks Victory
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Birdatthewire Tops Familiar Rivals in GP Oaks
- Dortmund Logs Final Work for SA Derby
- The Big Beast, 3YOs Prep for Wood Day Starts