Jockeys Orlando Mojica and Frankie Pennington both won their 2,000th career race July 10, with a caveat for Mojica.
Trainer Ned Allard was high on Always Sunshine coming into the $150,000 Sagamore Spirit Maryland Sprint Stakes (gr. III), and the Parx Racing shipper did not disappoint May 21 on a cloudy day at Pimlico Race Course.
After finishing second to Ben's Cat in the previous two editions of the five-furlong turf race at Parx Racing, Tightend Touchdown would not be denied Saturday, July 11, edging longshot Mongolian Saturday by a nose.
Poseidon's Warrior and Soundwave cruised to easy victories in their respective divisions of the Monmouth Park NATC Futurity in New Jersey Sept. 26.
Don Benge's A. U. Miner, a 14-1 longshot, charged down the center of the racetrack and got up by a neck over favored Alcomo to win the $250,000 Greenwood Cup at Philadelphia Park Casino & Racetrack July 17.
Frankie Pennington, 19, broke the single-season mark for wins by a jockey Dec. 19 at Philadelphia Park.
Gilbert G. Campbell's Touched by Madness broke on top and never looked back, making all the pace in the $100,000 Jersey Derby on the Monmouth Park turf Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares