Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse industry leader Frank "Scoop" Vessels died in a plane crash Aug. 11 near Burns, Ore.
Two-year-old racing got under way at Santa Anita March 23, and it was Storming Hun, a daughter of Devon Lane, who got to the finish first.
Smokester, sire of California champion Free House, died Feb. 21 while breeding at the Sahadi family's Cardiff Stud Farms near Atascadero, Calif.
Jackpot, who won this year's Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II), has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Frank "Scoop" Vessels' Vessels Stallion Farm near Bonsall, Calif.
Momentum, a California graded stakes winner for J. Paul Reddam, will begin his stallion career at Frank Vessels' Vessels Stallion Farm near Bonsall, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Playing Exactas at the Summit of Speed
- VA-Bred Owners' Bonus Program Begins July 1
- Family Tree Scores in Iowa Oaks
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate