Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse industry leader Frank "Scoop" Vessels died in a plane crash Aug. 11 near Burns, Ore.
Two-year-old racing got under way at Santa Anita March 23, and it was Storming Hun, a daughter of Devon Lane, who got to the finish first.
Smokester, sire of California champion Free House, died Feb. 21 while breeding at the Sahadi family's Cardiff Stud Farms near Atascadero, Calif.
Jackpot, who won this year's Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II), has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Frank "Scoop" Vessels' Vessels Stallion Farm near Bonsall, Calif.
Momentum, a California graded stakes winner for J. Paul Reddam, will begin his stallion career at Frank Vessels' Vessels Stallion Farm near Bonsall, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength