Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse industry leader Frank "Scoop" Vessels died in a plane crash Aug. 11 near Burns, Ore.
Two-year-old racing got under way at Santa Anita March 23, and it was Storming Hun, a daughter of Devon Lane, who got to the finish first.
Smokester, sire of California champion Free House, died Feb. 21 while breeding at the Sahadi family's Cardiff Stud Farms near Atascadero, Calif.
Jackpot, who won this year's Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II), has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Frank "Scoop" Vessels' Vessels Stallion Farm near Bonsall, Calif.
Momentum, a California graded stakes winner for J. Paul Reddam, will begin his stallion career at Frank Vessels' Vessels Stallion Farm near Bonsall, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- Colt First Winner for U.S. Champ Cape Blanco
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- Ben's Cat Aims for Fourth Parx Dash Victory
- Medal Count Retired to Spendthrift Farm
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives
- TCA Title Sponsor of Thoroughbred Makeover
- Wood, Breeder of Favorite Trick, Dies at 81
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: The July Sale Preview