Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse industry leader Frank "Scoop" Vessels died in a plane crash Aug. 11 near Burns, Ore.
Two-year-old racing got under way at Santa Anita March 23, and it was Storming Hun, a daughter of Devon Lane, who got to the finish first.
Smokester, sire of California champion Free House, died Feb. 21 while breeding at the Sahadi family's Cardiff Stud Farms near Atascadero, Calif.
Jackpot, who won this year's Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II), has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Frank "Scoop" Vessels' Vessels Stallion Farm near Bonsall, Calif.
Momentum, a California graded stakes winner for J. Paul Reddam, will begin his stallion career at Frank Vessels' Vessels Stallion Farm near Bonsall, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training