Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse industry leader Frank "Scoop" Vessels died in a plane crash Aug. 11 near Burns, Ore.
Two-year-old racing got under way at Santa Anita March 23, and it was Storming Hun, a daughter of Devon Lane, who got to the finish first.
Smokester, sire of California champion Free House, died Feb. 21 while breeding at the Sahadi family's Cardiff Stud Farms near Atascadero, Calif.
Jackpot, who won this year's Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II), has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Frank "Scoop" Vessels' Vessels Stallion Farm near Bonsall, Calif.
Momentum, a California graded stakes winner for J. Paul Reddam, will begin his stallion career at Frank Vessels' Vessels Stallion Farm near Bonsall, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- Whiskey Ticket Wins IL Derby Like a Pro
- Hootenanny Successful in Season Debut
- Queen of The Sand Rebounds in Santa Barbara
- Bodhisattva Gets Classic Credential in Tesio
- Dortmund Records Bullet Work at Santa Anita
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby