TVG and Oaklawn Racing and Gaming announced Jan. 6 that the network will telecast the 57-day Oaklawn Park 2014 race meet beginning January 10, with daily, on-site, live coverage hosted by TVG's Frank Mirahmadi.
Oaklawn Park and KARZ 42 in Little Rock, Ark.,have announced the launch of "Oaklawn Today," a new television program for the 2013 racing season.
Trainer Bob Baffert was released from a Dubai Hospital March 29, three days after suffering a heart attack following his arrival in the United Arab Emirates to manage his horses for the World Cup.
Frank Mirahmadi has been named the new announcer at Oaklawn Park beginning in 2012, the track reported July 14.
Oaklawn Park track announcer Terry Wallace stepped away from the microphone for the fifth race Jan. 28, ending a streak of calling 20,191 consecutive races at the Arkansas track.
Mike Pegram is quick with a joke when his horses win, but the owner said he felt very humbled when the Southern California racing industry turned out to honor him and his wife, Mary Ellen.
Trainer Bob Baffert revealed Saturday that The Thoroughbred Corp.'s early Kentucky Derby (gr. I) favorite Kafwain will likely make his next start in the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) at Fair Grounds.
Tony Bentley called his race at the New Orleans track in 1974, and his 27 years is the longest of any announcer in track history.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Bejarano Takes Santa Anita Jockey Title
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy