Ten-year-old Holiday Runner, a grade I stakes producer and the sale-topper at the 2009 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November mixed sale, died the morning of Feb. 6 because of foaling complications.
Multiple grade I winner Fleet Indian was sold privately to Frank and Jane Lyon's Summer Wind Farm after failing to meet her reserve during the opening session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale Nov. 5.
Completing a sweep of the weekend stakes for three-time Eclipse Award trainer Todd Pletcher, India won the Azeri Breeders' Cup (gr. III) by a diminishing head over Kettleoneup before a crowd of 20,533 on Saturday afternoon at Oaklawn Park.
Peachtree Stable's India, who broke her maiden by 12 lengths in her second career start, has been sold to her breeders, Frank and Jane Lyon, owner of Summer Wind Farm near Georgetown, Ky., Peachtree owner John Fort said today.
Summer Wind Farm's Carols Folly, who achieved fame as the dam of two millionaires--Glitter Woman and Unbridled Elaine--was euthanized April 20 at Hagyard-Davidson-McGee veterinary clinic near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Fires Bullet on Oklahoma Training Track
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Drefong's Win a Boost for Machmer Hall
- Too Much Bling Yearlings Top Texas Sale
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Former OBS President Chiota Dies at 70
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Monmouth Gets Donation, Alters Shipper Policy