Ten-year-old Holiday Runner, a grade I stakes producer and the sale-topper at the 2009 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November mixed sale, died the morning of Feb. 6 because of foaling complications.
Multiple grade I winner Fleet Indian was sold privately to Frank and Jane Lyon's Summer Wind Farm after failing to meet her reserve during the opening session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale Nov. 5.
Completing a sweep of the weekend stakes for three-time Eclipse Award trainer Todd Pletcher, India won the Azeri Breeders' Cup (gr. III) by a diminishing head over Kettleoneup before a crowd of 20,533 on Saturday afternoon at Oaklawn Park.
Peachtree Stable's India, who broke her maiden by 12 lengths in her second career start, has been sold to her breeders, Frank and Jane Lyon, owner of Summer Wind Farm near Georgetown, Ky., Peachtree owner John Fort said today.
Summer Wind Farm's Carols Folly, who achieved fame as the dam of two millionaires--Glitter Woman and Unbridled Elaine--was euthanized April 20 at Hagyard-Davidson-McGee veterinary clinic near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen