Ten-year-old Holiday Runner, a grade I stakes producer and the sale-topper at the 2009 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November mixed sale, died the morning of Feb. 6 because of foaling complications.
Multiple grade I winner Fleet Indian was sold privately to Frank and Jane Lyon's Summer Wind Farm after failing to meet her reserve during the opening session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale Nov. 5.
Completing a sweep of the weekend stakes for three-time Eclipse Award trainer Todd Pletcher, India won the Azeri Breeders' Cup (gr. III) by a diminishing head over Kettleoneup before a crowd of 20,533 on Saturday afternoon at Oaklawn Park.
Peachtree Stable's India, who broke her maiden by 12 lengths in her second career start, has been sold to her breeders, Frank and Jane Lyon, owner of Summer Wind Farm near Georgetown, Ky., Peachtree owner John Fort said today.
Summer Wind Farm's Carols Folly, who achieved fame as the dam of two millionaires--Glitter Woman and Unbridled Elaine--was euthanized April 20 at Hagyard-Davidson-McGee veterinary clinic near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland