Unity was the buzzword during the opening session of the 72nd convention of the Association of Racing Commissioners International Tuesday. The conference, which unites the RCI with the North American Pari-Mutuel Regulators Association (NAPRA), is being held at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort near Albuquerque, N.M.
- By Tom LaMarra
Model rules for the proposed national medication policy are moving forward, but the unification of the Association of Racing Commissioners International and North American Pari-Mutuel Regulators Association apparently isn't going to happen anytime soon.
- By Tom LaMarra
Two regulators' associations have officially decided to hold a joint convention in 2004 to discuss issues of mutual concern and perhaps combine some committees, though both will continue to have separate business meetings under organization bylaws.
The North American Pari-Mutuel Regulators Association (NAPRA) and the Association of Racing Commissioners International (RCI) held the first joint Pari-Mutuel Model Rules committee meeting Feb. 1-2 at Lone Star Park.
The North American Pari-Mutuel Regulators Association has canceled its fall convention, scheduled for Sept. 14-18 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, in light of this Tuesday's terrorist attacks in New York City and Washington, D.C.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Dr. Zic Among 36 Added to Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control