The veterinary staff of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has added some additional protocols to its operations in an effort to cut down on the number of equine fatalities at the state's tracks.
Tapitsfly, given a patient ride by Julien Leparoux, swept past the leaders in deep stretch to pick up her first graded stakes victory in the $150,000 Honey Fox Stakes (gr. IIIT) March 18 on Gulfstream Park's firm turf course.
Freshman sire Soto registered his first United States winner when the 2-year-old filly O'sotopretty won easily at Churchill Downs in her debut June 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- McCarron: Clarification
- Hope for Distribution of PA Breeder Awards
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California