The veterinary staff of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has added some additional protocols to its operations in an effort to cut down on the number of equine fatalities at the state's tracks.
Tapitsfly, given a patient ride by Julien Leparoux, swept past the leaders in deep stretch to pick up her first graded stakes victory in the $150,000 Honey Fox Stakes (gr. IIIT) March 18 on Gulfstream Park's firm turf course.
Freshman sire Soto registered his first United States winner when the 2-year-old filly O'sotopretty won easily at Churchill Downs in her debut June 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Willy North Returns to Sales Scene at Fasig-Tipton
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Canadian Racing Channel HPItv to Remain on the Air
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager