The veterinary staff of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has added some additional protocols to its operations in an effort to cut down on the number of equine fatalities at the state's tracks.
Tapitsfly, given a patient ride by Julien Leparoux, swept past the leaders in deep stretch to pick up her first graded stakes victory in the $150,000 Honey Fox Stakes (gr. IIIT) March 18 on Gulfstream Park's firm turf course.
Freshman sire Soto registered his first United States winner when the 2-year-old filly O'sotopretty won easily at Churchill Downs in her debut June 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- PA House Resolution Supports Sports Betting
- Name Change for Historical Racing Company
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle