The veterinary staff of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has added some additional protocols to its operations in an effort to cut down on the number of equine fatalities at the state's tracks.
Tapitsfly, given a patient ride by Julien Leparoux, swept past the leaders in deep stretch to pick up her first graded stakes victory in the $150,000 Honey Fox Stakes (gr. IIIT) March 18 on Gulfstream Park's firm turf course.
Freshman sire Soto registered his first United States winner when the 2-year-old filly O'sotopretty won easily at Churchill Downs in her debut June 20.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Xpressbet to Sponsor West Virginia Derby
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20
- Heerman Shaped Today's Thoroughbred Sales
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- Empire Dreams Stretches Out in New York Derby