Sweeping Paddy tracked the early leaders before he launched a four-wide move in the stretch to take over and quickly drew away for a 3 1/2-length win over 5-2 favorite Proctor's Ledge in the $100,000 Regret Stakes (G3T) June 17 at Churchill Downs.
The veterinary staff of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has added some additional protocols to its operations in an effort to cut down on the number of equine fatalities at the state's tracks.
Tapitsfly, given a patient ride by Julien Leparoux, swept past the leaders in deep stretch to pick up her first graded stakes victory in the $150,000 Honey Fox Stakes (gr. IIIT) March 18 on Gulfstream Park's firm turf course.
Freshman sire Soto registered his first United States winner when the 2-year-old filly O'sotopretty won easily at Churchill Downs in her debut June 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen