In the 24th start of his career, Lewis E. Mathews Jr.'s Ivan Fallunovalot collected his first graded stakes triumph and stretched his current win streak to four straight with a 4 1/2 length win in the Frank J. De Francis Dash (gr. III).
It appeared Barbara Hopkins' Trouble Kid had earned his fifth straight win when he crossed the wire first in the $350,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash Stakes at Laurel Park.
Zayat Stables' Zee Bros pulled a 29-1 upset in the $350,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash Stakes Nov. 15 at Laurel Park after taking charge off the far turn and sprinting clear in the stretch.
Nine sprinters have been entered in Laurel Park's 22nd running of the $350,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash Sept. 21, including local star Ben's Cat.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Slimmed Down Racing May Be Finding Its Footing
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans