In the 24th start of his career, Lewis E. Mathews Jr.'s Ivan Fallunovalot collected his first graded stakes triumph and stretched his current win streak to four straight with a 4 1/2 length win in the Frank J. De Francis Dash (gr. III).
It appeared Barbara Hopkins' Trouble Kid had earned his fifth straight win when he crossed the wire first in the $350,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash Stakes at Laurel Park.
Zayat Stables' Zee Bros pulled a 29-1 upset in the $350,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash Stakes Nov. 15 at Laurel Park after taking charge off the far turn and sprinting clear in the stretch.
Nine sprinters have been entered in Laurel Park's 22nd running of the $350,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash Sept. 21, including local star Ben's Cat.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- A Few Early Thoughts on the Kentucky Derby Pace