Frank Gabriel Jr., currently the Dubai Racing Club's chief executive officer, will rejoin the New York Racing Association as the racing secretary for Belmont Park and Saratoga Race Course.
The Dubai Racing Club announced that a Tapeta synthetic surface has been selected for the new training track at Meydan.
Tattersalls has further expanded its international market, according to a Feb. 7 announcement of a partnership with the Dubai Racing Club.
Tropical Star, a dual group winner at Nad Al Sheba, where the 7-year-old made all 17 of his career starts, was euthanized Feb. 24, one month after winning the Al Shindagha Sprint (UAE-III), the Dubai Racing Club and Emirates Racing Authority announced.
Frank Gabriel Jr. is leaving his position as executive vice president of racing and racing secretary at Arlington Park to work for the Dubai Racing Club.
Frank Gabriel Sr., a retired racing secretary and father of Arlington Park's current racing secretary, died March 1 at age 81 in Florida
The suspense leading up to the end of January wasn't whether the colt Vindication and the filly Storm Flag Flying would be voted champion 2-year-olds. They were. The suspense was whether the two unbeaten juveniles would be weighted above the standard weight--126 pounds for males and 123 for fillies--on the 2002 Experimental Free Handicap. They weren't.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- Jim Dandy: Texas Red Denies Frosted
- Beholder All Class in Easy Hirsch Score
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Rare Upset for Jockey Parker at Mountaineer
- Madefromlucky Gets Job Done in WV Derby
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Rock Fall Edges The Big Beast in Vanderbilt
- Red Rifle Blasts Through in Bowling Green
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool