Sent off at odds of 9-10 by the home town crowd, Frank Calabrese's Lewis Michael did not disappoint his many backers by drawing off to a 4 3/4-length victory in the $300,000 Washington Park Handicap (gr. II) Saturday on the Arlington Park Polytrack.
Frank C. Calabrese's Dreaming of Anna, Eclipse Award winning 2-year-old filly last year, snapped a three-race losing streak when she returned to her Arlington Park homebase and defeated five rivals in $47,400 Double Delta Stakes on the turf Saturday.
The 95-day 2006 Arlington Park race meet concluded with decreases in handle and attendance compared to the Chicago-area track's 2005 meeting.
The 94-day 2005 Arlington Park race meet concluded with a 0.8% increase in total handle and a 0.5% rise in average daily attendance over the track's 96-day meet in 2004. On track average daily handle decreased by 0.8% while total attendance slipped by 1.6% with two less days compared to a year ago.
Frank C. Calabrese's Fight for Ally, seeking his sixth straight win, carries top impost of 117 pounds for Saturday's $100,000 Black Tie Affair Handicap at Arlington Park.
The 107-day 2002 Arlington Park race meet that concluded Sunday posted a 14.3% increase in total average daily wagering and a 4.8% gain in on-track attendance.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win
- Global Symposium Explores Racing's Identity
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Fenton Named to Tattersalls Ireland Post