A week after trainer Rick Dutrow filed an appeal over the 30-day suspension handed out by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission for a Clenbuterol positive in the spring of 2008, the Franklin County, Ky. Circuit Court issued him a stay.
Citing a variety of claims that his client's rights were violated, an attorney for trainer Rick Dutrow has filed an appeal over the 30-day suspension levied by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission for a Clenbuterol positive in the spring of 2008.
In a Kentucky court trial interrupted for two days by a paralyzing ice storm, jurors returned to hear chilling testimony that a manager was fired from her job with an equine insurance agency because she terrorized her staff, and not because she was on the verge of discovering an international scheme of fraud.
A Kentucky state judge has denied a motion from trainer Patrick Biancone to block an upcoming Kentucky Horse Racing Authority hearing set to discuss whether his suspension should be extended or not.
- By Esther Marr
Following the announcement of the five-year suspension of veterinarian Dr. Rod Stewart for violations of the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority's medication regulations, the organization has scheduled a stewards' hearing in the ongoing investigation of trainer Patrick Biancone, who was found to be in possession of cobra venom and two other prohibited substances.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Three Grade I Winners Vie for La Troienne