Anne and Etienne Drionne's Coulonces Consignment sold the day's highest-priced yearling at the opening session of the Arqana October sale Oct. 20, an Oasis Dream colt to Voute Sales.
Outsider Lucayan surged past Veneto in the final strides to win the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (French Two Thousand Guineas, Fr-I) by a short neck at Longchamp May 13.
Favored Mrs. Lindsay looked beaten with a furlong left to run, but the group I-winning French invader fought back along the inside to overtake local hope Sealy Hill in the $1 million E.P. Taylor Stakes (gr. IT) while setting a course record on the Woodbine turf Oct. 21.
Turtle Bowl closed with a rush to claim the Prix Jean Prat (Fr-I) for 3-year-olds at Chantilly, France on Sunday.
Irish-bred Torrestrella, supplemented by trainer Francois Rohaut to Sunday's Gainsborough Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I) at Longchamp, paid off handsomely with a 1 1/2-length win in the 3-year-old filly Classic.
Pearly Shells ran down Ana Marie in the final 100 yards to post a 1 1/2-length victory in Sunday's Group I Prix Vermeille for 3-year-old fillies at Longchamp, earning her fifth win of the season.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze