Fraise, winner of the 1992 Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), died early Sunday morning at Old Friends at Hurstland Farm near Midway, Ky.
Multiple grade I stakes winners Fraise and Ogygian arrived at the Old Friends retirement facility Aug. 16. Old Friends is based at Alfred H. Nuckols Jr.'s Hurstland Farm near Midway, Ky.
Allen Paulson died in July of 2000, but the legacy of his breeding successes continues. Paulson, the leading breeder of Breeders' Cup horses by earnings, will be represented by two runners Saturday at Arlington Park in the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian