William Boorhem, who founded and operated Foxwood Plantation in Belcher, La., died May 31 in Dallas, Texas at age 91.
The Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association honored its 2010 accredited Louisiana-bred champions at its annual membership meeting June 10 in Shreveport.
The Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association has announced its 2007 accredited Louisiana-bred champions.
Stewart Madison's homebred and multiple grade I winner Happy Ticket was named Louisiana's champion older female for 2006, which marked the third straight year she was honored as a state-bred champion by the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association.
The Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders' Association named Leestown its 2005 stallion of the year with progeny earnings of $2,108,869, while Foxwood Plantation received its fourth straight title as breeder of the year with earnings of $350,179.
Foxwood Plantation's Zarb's Dahar showed his affinity for Louisiana Downs when he posted his 10th consecutive victory at the track in Thursday's Thanksgiving Breeders' Cup Handicap as part of the Fair Grounds at Louisiana Downs meet.
The Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association has announced the winners of the 2004 horse of the year awards, voted on by association members.
Executive Director Roy Wood of the California Horse Racing Board announced that he intends to retire at the end of this year.
Stakes winner Run Production and 8-year-old Malibu Wesley have been relocated to Bill and Pat Boorhem's Foxwood Plantation near Belcher, La.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity