Round Pond and Happy Ticket staged a brilliant duel in the $173,500 Azeri Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for fillies and mares Saturday at Oaklawn Park before the favored Round Pond prevailed by a determined neck.
Even-money favorite Rockport Harbor, making his first start in more than nine months, put away the challenge of Cougar Cat in the final eighth of a mile to post his first win since 2004 in the $100,000 Essex Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park Saturday.
Rapidly developing Round Pond accelerated away from the leaders in upper stretch to record an impressive victory in Friday's $250,000 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park for trainer John Servis and jockey Stewart Elliott.
It appears as if Smarty Jones has passed the baton to another young phenom residing in trainer John Servis' barn. His name is Rockport Harbor, and this grand-looking colt can flat-out run, as evidenced by his effortless 7 1/2-length victory in an allowance race at Philadelphia Park Oct. 12, his second brilliant score in as many starts.
Grade I winner Jostle was retired following a third-place finish in the April 5 Banshee Breeze Handicap at Gulfstream Park and was bred April 23 to Storm Cat.
Eclipse Award runner-up Jostle, who won last year's Alabama Stakes (gr. I) and Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I), has been retired from racing.
Fox Hill Farms' Jostle led at every call en route to an upset victory over heavily favored Secret Status in the $350,000 Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail